We made a film! Freydís + Gudrid was recorded at Douglass Recording over 2.5 days
and filmed over 3 long days at Be Electric Studios 3 + 4. The film was shot primarily on
the Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K camera to uncompressed ProRes HQ format.
We're now in post-production with a view to late 2021 completion, for the early 2022
film festival circuit, followed by release hopefully Fall/Winter 2022. IMDb here.
Premiere for the World Premiere of The Summit Symphony
postponed/cancelled due to covid-19 restrictions.
Original score/sound design for Chloë Sevigny's new fragrance Little Flower
• A selection from Freydís and Gudrid (aka Far Travelers) premiered at Carnegie Hall on October 3, 2019!
• 1 Year Ago I was writing spooky music for an off-Broadway run of Macbeth. I've uploaded all the mains! https://soundcloud.com/jeffre…/…/macbeth-original-score-from
• Norse sagas and mythology have inspired some of the greatest works of all time, from Wagner’s 'Der Ring des Nibelungen' to Tolkien’s 'Lord of the Rings'. What can they offer us today, and why should we pay attention?
I'm honored to be presenting a special lecture with new excerpts from the Far Travelers Opera (5/1 lab concert) on Saturday, October 13th, 7-9pm in Washington D.C. through the American Scandinavian Association!
• OPERAWIRE recently published this exclusive interview about Freydis and Gudrid (aka Far Travelers)!
• The Freydis and Gudrid special concert took place at the Guild Hall of East Hampton through a composer-in-residency
at the John Drew Theater as part of their JDT Lab Series of developmental works-in-process.
• Apocalypsis, a feature film co-produced and featuring an original score by Jeffrey,
• Check out this awesome MACBETH highlight reel featuring my score!
• No Name Theatre Collective presents MACBETH at the Brooklyn Navy Yards (8 Performances, starting October 31st). With Original Music + Sound by Jeffrey Leiser.
• Jeffrey's film compositions for over 30 short films were presented at Marché du Film 2017 (Cannes Film Festival)
and can be streamed through KINOSCOPE at: https://video.kinoscope.org/v/experimental-films-of-eric-leiser-pt-1/
• The American-Scandinavian Society awarded Jeffrey's opera FAR TRAVELERS its 2nd CULTURAL GRANT!
• Jeffrey + Eric's new film was included in the major fall exhibition DREAMLANDS at the WHITNEY MUSEUM!
• Jeffrey + Eric screened their new feature film APOCALYPSIS at the prestigious WEXNER CENTER on November 1st!
•Radio Nacional de Españabroadcast 'The Summit Symphony' in full on Sat, July 30th and Sun, July 31st!
• The AMERICAN-SCANDINAVIAN FOUNDATION awarded Jeffrey a cultural grant for his opera FAR TRAVELERS
• The March 2016 issue of GRAMOPHONE MAGAZINE features a composer interview and positive review of The Summit .
• THE SUMMIT was positively reviewed by the prominent New York-based e-magazine I Care If You Listen.
Prior to 2015